State approves new exclusion law for MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
• Washington state experienced a measles outbreak in 2019 with 81 confirmed cases.
• Based on this crisis, Governor Jay Inslee signed into law a change to the exemption law for the MMR vaccine.
• Personal exemptions to the requirement for two doses of MMR for all students will no longer be accepted as of July 28, 2019. There is NO grandfathering clause.
• Medical or religious exemptions are still granted for MMR.
• Personal exemptions are still granted for all other vaccine requirements.
• All WWPS students must have a passing Certificate of Immunization document, or a valid exemption form, signed by a physician, PRIOR to the first day of school or risk exclusion.